United by a passion and commitment to raise awareness and make sustainable and ethical living easier and more mainstream, we have set up a community interest organisation that aims to do just that. We are about reducing waste, minimising plastic, fighting climate change, supporting the High Street, developing community spirit, encouraging sustainable and green practices, and making High Barnet a cleaner, greener and better place to live.
There are many ways that you can get get involved and help make Barnet a greener, cleaner place to live.
1. Join Green Beings: we need volunteers to help us with events, projects, news, ideas, social media etc. Please do get in touch if you would like like to be more involved in any way. All support greatly appreciated!
2. Litter: Take part in our litter picks, either the community group picks (currently on hold) or on your own in you area. If you would like to organise your own litter pick in your area, please do get in touch as we can help with this.
3. Support the local businesses that share our values. or if you are one, do get in touch so we can promote you!
4. Take our Sustainable Living challenge, and encourage friends and family to do the same.
5. Encourage your place of work, education, or community group to incorporate sustainability into their core values. We are happy to help with this, so do pass on our details.